It’s hard to believe that Passport Career launched just a few years ago with about 50 country profiles. We’ve grown so much! Tapping into our worldwide network of over 100 career experts around the world, we now offer our clients detailed information about 81 countries and over 250 cities! Every month we are adding more content to our robust profiles that already include:
- Country Overview and Relocation Resources
- Career & Job Search Support
- City-Specific Job Market Data
- Visa/Work Permit Resources
- Business Culture
- Listings of Top Employers
- Networking strategies and listing of organizations
- Volunteer/Alternative Paths/Community Involvement Opportunities
- Internships Opportunities, and more.
You’ve landed on our Global Careers blog which features tips landing an international position, how to approach an international job search as a student or expat spouse, and guidance on using Passport Career’s many resources to develop a solid professional development strategy. This blog is public but there is so much more on our private site which is available exclusively to organizations and companies who subscribe. Some of the resources are:
- Weekly live trainings on global career-related topics: International Resumes/CVs, Career Strategies for the UN and IGOs, H1b Visas, Leveraging LinkedIn, Global Networking Strategies, and many more!
- Detailed country and city portfolios (including USA Cities)
- International Jobs/Internships Portal, which is updated daily with millions of jobs and internships in 203 countries, including the U.S.
- H1B Employer Database
- Our Get Connected! social network is an online global career network that enables you to connect with other Passport Career members around the globe. It has a unique ability to search by career field, current location, or previous locations.
- Individual career coaching
The idea for Passport Career began several years ago after working with thousands of international professionals who were moving to different countries in search of meaningful employment. Our founder, Susan Musich, learned that the key to finding employment was not just understanding the legal framework of the work permit, but truly comprehending the business culture that intersects with the job search. By understanding the cultural nuances as they relate to the varied aspects of the job search, an international professional can make a strong first impression with those they meet.
Making contacts is the key to a successful international job search, but you can’t make solid, viable contacts if you don’t reflect cultural finesse. Passport Career is designed to integrate the business culture with the many job search strategies, tools, and resources it makes available for each destination.
Our team is the foundation of our superior service. Our team of more than 100 consultants around the globe ensures the information is accurate, up-to-date, and relevant to today’s job seeker. We don’t do Google searches or pass along information that’s no longer valid. We ask people that live and work in the destination country to provide on-the-ground analysis that will serve our job seekers better than any other online international career resource.
If you are an expat and interested in joining our team of global consultants, we’d love to hear from you. Simply send us an email with your name, city/country where you are living, home country, reason why you are interested, and why you think you are qualified. We are always in search of top-notch consultants for different projects and welcome your interest. We can’t guarantee a job, but we will get back to all serious inquiries.
We look forward to staying connected with you and hearing about your international job search and wish you success!
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT PASSPORT CAREER’S SERVICES?
Passport Career provides more detailed career information and extensive resources about networking, finding a job, internship, alternative career opportunities as well as information on writing CVs, cover letters and interviews. If your organization, embassy, university/college, library, or other institution would like access to our country portfolios (15,000+ pages of expert content for 80+ countries and 250+ cities) to share with your students, employees, spouses/partners, and others managing a national or international career transition, please click here to contact us (or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding a free, live, online demo and details on how to obtain a license to access Passport Career.